Active mode can be tested in the staging environment. To migrate to Active mode follow the below mentioned steps.
- Login to ShieldSquare portal
- Under Configuration -> Bot Response List -> Toggle the switch to Active and select the appropriate actions to be taken on bots
- Create a new environment from 'Environment Settings' page for a staging server
- While creating, set the below fields in the Integration Configuration form with the given values
- Environment Type as 'Production'
- Mode as 'Active' in the Integration Configuration form to 'Active'
- Publish the changes and ensure you have the updated ShieldSquare configuration file in your staging environment (ss2.config)
- Implement the response selected in the Bot Response Page (CAPTCHA/Block/Feed Fake Data)
To test your implementation, spoof your browser User Agent as Curl or Wget or Google Docs and observe the response. Alternatively, send your IP address to firstname.lastname@example.org and your IP will be blacklisted in the back end for a maximum period of 1hr.